Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I r haz a fishes
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 20 gal lying around, and a job, thus I am looking to blow all my money. Could I put some of these freaky fishies in there? Are they too big? Any diet requierments? Do they breed readily?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm going to say that a 20 gal tank is not big enough, for these fish, but here is profile info on the fish

These fish get up to a maximum size of about 12 inches
The males of this species have a gonopodium
The Four-Eyed Fish are brackish, enough salt should be added to simulate brackish water.
Hardness: 8 - 25° dGH
Ph: 7.0 - 8.5
Temp: 75 - 82° F (24 - 28° C)
The Four-Eyed Fish Anableps anableps are a livebearer and will breed easily if kept in a large tank with lots of surface area

·
Registered
28 Posts
anableps would like a bigger tank than a 20gal. and they do like so,ething to rest on like a piece of wood or something that they can rest on close to water level.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What would work, would be a turle tank they are alot cheaper than fish tanks , but they can only be filled up half way. and they have an open on one of the side for HOB but you need to find one with a wide foot print. some like a 18 X 24 x 13 depth. Than you could just build a platform in the center out a peaces of slate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts