Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....so my son has a 25 gallon tank, and he had a mickey mouse platy in there, along with another that I forget the name of. Its long and slender, and it had grown to about 7 inches. They lived fine for the last year together. (we have had other, misc fish for about 5 years now)

I added 2 dalmations and a Pleco, and they seemed to be ok.

Over the last few days the longer fish has been going kinda crazy.....going to the top, and staying vertical with his mouth out of the top of the water.

The Platy started doing the same thing, and he looked flaky. Next thing I know hes dead....then one of the dalmations......then the other, and the pleco is now dead as well.

The longer fish has some small dots on it that Ive never noticed before. Could they somehow be oxygen deprived? Did one of the new fish bring something with it and contaminate the tank?

Now Im down to the one longer fish. If the water was contaminated, what is my next step? Draining it and starting over?

EDIT: Its a dragon gobi...l
Did he outgrow the tank?

·
Registered
66 Posts
white dots? sonds like ick

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hmm. I encountered Ick on my Oscar, and nothing worked.. in order to prevent ick from getting to your fishes, is to put in a hand full of aquarium salt to kill ick bacteria. It helps for me in my tanks :)

I have been raising plecos, oscars, cichlids, and community fishes for many years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts