Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some algae that i have tried to rub off of the side of my tank, but it is like a stain, and wont come off, is there any way to take it off, without draining my tank?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I use a store bought razor pole..... you can buy a maintence kit that has a razor and green scrub pads.... I also have good luck with a mag float and alittle elbow power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like GSA (Green Spot Algae) to me. A scraper (or credit card if you don't have a scraper *Glasses* ) will work.
that is a great idea, and will be sure to try it out!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like GSA (Green Spot Algae) to me. A scraper (or credit card if you don't have a scraper *Glasses* ) will work.
, i did what you told me with the credit card, and the algae came right off!
thanks a lot!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Good to know that credit cards can be useful in areas other than inducing debt, huh?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Good to know that credit cards can be useful in areas other than inducing debt, huh?
DIY strikes again! *Glasses*

Everyone should have an expired CC, library card, etc right? Just don't use a photo ID...fishies might get scared away at the sight of a human actually inside their tank. *n1

·
Registered
34 Posts
DIY strikes again! *Glasses*

Everyone should have an expired CC, library card, etc right? Just don't use a photo ID...fishies might get scared away at the sight of a human actually inside their tank. *n1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! that would be hystarical if they got scared of that!Im ganna try it and see if anything really DOES happen*r2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts