Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 days ago, an algae infestation happened. Tried to rule it out but cant find the problem. I NEVER have an algae problem so this is very unusual. Maybe some of you guys can help or give info.

All my Limnophila Aromatica, Cryptocoryne, and Dwarf Hair Grass all broke out in Fuzz Algae. Plants leaves look fuzzy. Also, the algae that I scrape off the walls weekly are also growing 2x-3x as fast. So I'm scraping twice as much weekly. Everywhere I researched, it is because of lack of CO2 and nutrient imbalance. I dose Micro and Macro 2-3 times weekly. Drop Checker is in the greenish-yellowish color so I am assuming CO2 40ppm. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0. Before I could never get my nitrate to stay 0. But I have suceeded doing this by removing a bunch of platies. Now, I have enough plants to keep the nitrates at 0. I thought my liquid testings have expired. So I bought new tests for the ammonia and Nitrate. And the new tests also both read 0ppm. *c/p*

·
Registered
116 Posts
Get something that removes phosphates. I used to use something that looks like a tea bag. i forgot the name unfortunately. It lasts a month in my 10 gallons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts