Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed my tank to sand. I have noticed green algae growing on it. Is there a certain type of fish or invertebrate that would clean it up? I have plecos but they don't work on the bottom. I had a friend that suggested ghost shrimp. I am not sure how those would work because I have tiger barbs that I am afraid would just eat them. I also have 2 pictus cat and a rainbow shark. I think ghost shrimp are pretty cheap though so if they did eat them it wouldn't be a huge deal but I was just curious on everyone's thoughts. Thanks.

G

·
Can you post a pic?

Sounds like your tank has some still spots. If you added an additional pump or two it might clear that problem up. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nerite snail hands down algae eater.
You have to be careful with sand substrate that it is not to deep no more than 1" or pockets of toxins build up when the toxins are released into the tank water they cause all sorts of bad issues, its always good to keep a small shoal of corydoras in sand bottom tanks they spend all their time sifting through the sand constantly turning it over you can also still use a sypon on a sand bottom tank to agitate it and move it around a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts