Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i just got some wood from my ranch yesterday...and i was wondering if it is safe for my aquarium...i already soaked and cleaned it as much as possible with tap water

any help or comments are welcome

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Thats like asking "How many college kids will fit in a Volkswagon" , Ive seen tanks completely crammed with fish, but dont feel this is in anyones best interest. especially the fish. Africans are quite aggressive and territorial, and a little overcrowding can help diffuse this somewhat if the aggression is spread over more individuals. Personally i understock tanks, and have seen no ill effects from that. And as a side note the Convict is a central American cichlid, but is quite feisty, and should hold his own with the africans with no problem,

As for the driftwood, there should be no problem with that except holding it down. I found a very nice piece for one of my tanks, and had to screw it to a peice of concrete patio block to keep it down. LaceRock really makes nice caves etc, for cichlids that are being bullyied to hide in or just run through during the inevitable chases.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i added a piece of driftwood to my 20 gallon

and these driftwoods i am going to put in my 55 gallon

why pay for driftwood if you can find it yourself

yay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts