Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What species would be good for a 20 gallon??it is currently cycling and i am planning on putting cihlids...any ideas or comments Are welcome!!

Reactions: JIM

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
How about a nice [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Lake Tanganyika setup ?? There are over 150 known species to choose from and probably more. Most are reasonably small, and would look really nice in a Lake specific setup :) . My personal favorites from this lake are the Shell dwellers, but the Juli's also have some very attractive fish.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
how about some from the labidochromis genus? just make sure you only have one male!

Reactions: JIM

·
Registered
13 Posts
A 20 gallon is too small for any mbuna (including labidochromis). With a 20 gallon, if you really want a nice, healthy tank with lots of interesting behavior to watch, I reccomend checking out the tanganyikan shell dwelling species such as lamprologus occellatus. They are great looking and wonderful to watch. A very interesting African cichlid.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the responses guys

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with the above posts. Species from lake Tanganyika; Shellies, Julies/lelupi or an established birchardi pair would do well in a 20g. I guess some apistos would do well too, but I have no experience with those.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
There are even albino kribs for sale at some stores sometimes! very cool looking fish... They're meaner than they're given credit for...

·
Registered
7 Posts
i defiantly recommend lake Tanganyikans, Malawis will grow too large...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts