Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested to hear from anyone who has started an aquarium hobby club locally. Advice from members of established clubs would also be appreciated. We don't seem to have any in my area. Being a large city, that seems odd. I'm curious about the process, what goes on in meetings, that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
We can host your messageboard for your fish club here on the site. So give it a name and we will setup the forum. Then you can direct people to the site here to join and everyone can keep in touch between meetings.
Speak with the local fish stores and ask if they would be willing to place your cards at the counter, speak with other people in your area to mention it to their friends, etc.
Find a meeting hall or decide on a place to meet, it can be a members house, a library, school cafeteria, etc.
At meetings, you can invite the members to speak about whatever they like, you can do slideshows, short films, etc. Trading fish and plants, corals, etc is always fun to do,.. you can hold raffles and auctions and also arrange for caravan tours of local members tanks and local fish stores that cater to the club. Beverages and snacks are a good idea to have... It's a great way to meet people that share the same interests and it will help everyone take their hobby to the next level - by sharing information and livestock, and making friends.
Each member can get a membership card, so you might want a lamination machine... a small membership fee will help offset these costs of running the club.
I say start the club! If you need help with a website for it and if you want a forum setup here, just let me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts