Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Hello! I'm new to the forum.

I'd like to know what RO filter system I should get.

I'm just getting into the hobby. I picked up a 55 gallon tank to start off with and I can easily see myself upgrading it in just a couple years time.

I'll be doing saltwater. Fish first and ultimately a mini-reef. I'd like to get an RO filter that has enough output for a 250? gallon tank so when I upgrade the tank I don't need to upgrade my RO system. I suspect I'll use the RO system to drink out of too. I have well water here and it's pretty hard - we get the orange buildup in toilets & showers. I plan on adding a water softener too and I don't really know how that will play into things.

I know there's a lot of knowledgable people here so any kind of helpful insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I use a U.S.WATER system 100gpd unit. just RO not DI. I like it alot, it brings my TDS from 400+ down to under 004 usually its at 002 on the outflow.

I have a 210 and had a 25gpd unit needless to say 8 days of filling is for chumps got the 100gpd unit a 100g and 45g holding tanks(heated) so I could actually enjoy the tank rather then work on PWC's daily.

I had a spectrapure, my US water 100gpd was cheaper then my MPDI25 from spectrapure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts