Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...
I am upgrading to a 75 gallon tank, from a 30 and 10...
I have many different types of fish at the moment, and I am wondering if I will have space to add more, or if I should stick with what I got...
I think it is entertaining to watch how different species of fish interact with eachother...

i have 3 angels, 2 balas, 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 skirted tetras, 1 paradise gourami (1 passed away), 1 sunburst molly (will be getting another one to keep it company when i get the big tank), 1 tiger barb (same situation, will most likely get 3 more when i get new tank), 2 plecos and 2 cats...

will that be max capacity? or is there room to add another something interesting?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You have some large growing fish there..... the balas, the plecos and depending on the cat fish those fish could over fill a 75 gal tank easily when they reach full growth. I don't think having the gourami and angel together are a good mix. the tiger barbs should be kept in a school of 7 or more to curve the fin nipping.

fish adult size amount of water per 1cm of fiah length

Under 2cm 1 liter
2 to 5 Cm 1.5 liters
6 to 9 cm 2 liters
10 to 13 cm 3 liters
14cm and over 4 liters or more

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had no problems with the gouramis and angels...
neither of the gouramis fin nip at all..
same iwth the tiger barb.. he is quite inactive right now (assuming because of tank size he is currently alone... yikes)

but I have watched my tank for hours and no fin nipping or attacking of anysorts is happening. each fish is keeping to their own little group..

but thanks for the info! I will just get the friends and leave the balance alone!

·
Newly infected with MTS.
46 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with djrichie, as we just found out our Opaline Gourami has bullied 2 new Angels to the point of death (the 3rd Angel is much bigger). It was apparently happening while we were at work, as everyone got along in the evening it seemed. No more Angel + Gourami for us.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHy would there be an issue with gouramis and angels?
Wouldn't a 10 gallon be too small for 3 gouramis? (2 dwarf and one paradise)?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yes 10 gal is to small for those fish. Its the territory nature of the fish, they require so much space for them to be happy and healthy. These fish are considered peaceful but with caution bu tyou do what you like its your tank. Alot of time it works out for awhile and then as the fish grow in adulthood things go wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts