Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new system to our site that allows you to thank people for their post. Under each post is a button that looks like this:

When you click it, your name goes on a little list that will appear under the post.

So if you ever wanted to give kudos for a post but didn't want to do a complete reply (or if you didn't really have the time to and really shouldn't have been here reading posts anyway), this is a quick and easy way to quickly give your 2 cents worth and show some appreciation to the poster.

Also, under everyone's username, you will now see the stats that show how many times that person has said thanks to others and how many times people have thanked them.

I think this will be very useful around here and I hope you guys use it well and enjoy it.

Please let me know if you experience any bugs with it, if it does not seem to work right, or otherwise.
Feel free to practice on this post, click that little image down there to test it out -

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
This feature impressed me very much. It is a "free" thing to say "thanks" but can mean the difference in making someone's day or making them feel unimportant. Everyone has things to say that make them worthwhile and to validate this is not a hard thing but sometimes overlooked. I want to say KUDOS to this forum for being so willing to say "thanks".

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Rose!
I'm actually in the middle of working on a page to display the most helpful members for each month, I have it 95% completed, I think you will like it!
It shows the top members by the amount of times other people said thanks to them.
I will update the thread when its ready to show off!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
That is a wonderful idea. I will say that this forum is one of the most polite that I have ever visited and I think that this feature has a lot to do with it. It is absolutely wonderful here and I feel like I have come home.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
so far this is the only site i have seen with this feature. but i still think it might be unfair, as someone who has been thanked a million times in a reply but never quick-thanked maybe the most helpful member but not put down on the list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks
I just installed a new system to our site that allows you to thank people for their post. Under each post is a button that looks like this:

When you click it, your name goes on a little list that will appear under the post.

So if you ever wanted to give kudos for a post but didn't want to do a complete reply (or if you didn't really have the time to and really shouldn't have been here reading posts anyway), this is a quick and easy way to quickly give your 2 cents worth and show some appreciation to the poster.

Also, under everyone's username, you will now see the stats that show how many times that person has said thanks to others and how many times people have thanked them.

I think this will be very useful around here and I hope you guys use it well and enjoy it.

Please let me know if you experience any bugs with it, if it does not seem to work right, or otherwise.
Feel free to practice on this post, click that little image down there to test it out -

1 - 20 of 34 Posts