Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have never had one but everything I have been able to find out is they are very poor shippers, difficult to acclimate and get eating but if you can get them acclimated and eating they dont tend to be aby more difficult than the Naso's from what I have been told

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
See my post in your intro thread. Achilles are beautiful fish, and seem to do well for me once past the get acquainted stage.

Reactions: Glassjaw022887

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
After quarantine tank I put him right in with the other tangs. The only ones that were already in the tank at that time were the yellow and the naso. The rest were added later. This was a 75 gal tank.

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
Nope. Just observation for 2 weeks. If I had seen any evidence of Ich then I would have tried hyposalinity. I admit I've been lucky with no cases of it in a type of fish notorious for it's susceptibility. I give all credit to quarantine tanks (along with UVs).

·
Marine Aquarium Expert/Saltwater Section Mgr.
355 Posts
this is a sweet fish iv had one in the past . my achilles love to eat broccoli ,leaf lettuce and the marine algae ( to be fed everyday) but anyway mine love to be in a lot of flow. and was never aggressive to others good luck hope to see more pics. of them thanks for looking

·
henry
5 Posts
The ones we had (7000gal) weren't aggressive. larger size 6-8", they ate well on a squid gel mix. i would say we had about 50-75% loss rate on them to parasites. i dissected them all under microscope, but without my notes i couldn't tell you what the bugs were. these were fresh ocean shipped though so that's to be expected. all of them were orange, not yellow.

they are fast as heck and jump very high btw.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow 7000 gallons! I would definately get some scuba gear LOL :)

Thanks for the info on the Achilles. I would have to say that from everything that I have been researching I dont think that I can bring myself to get one. They are too much of a "High Risk" Fish for the $125.00 price tag. Very beautiful fish though, definately one of my favorite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts