Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm Laurens. I'm almost twelve years old and i've got an aquarium from 96 liters. Because I'm Dutch i dont speak English very well. Also I dont no much about gallons, inches, feet.... I also dont know much english fish-names, but I do know much in latin.

In my aquarium I have 6 cardinal tetra's, 6 hatchetfishes, 1 otocinclus sp., 10 Chinese danio's, and some khulii loaches.

In my holidays around christmas i want to reset my tank, with other fish:
15 cardinal tetra's,
10 hatchetfish,
2 ram's (not sure about that name, latin = microgeophagus ramirezi
3 khulii's
5 oto's

Hope my english is good ( I wonder what my English teacher will say about this)

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
:welcome:Glad to have you here, sounds like an excellent tank you have going there, your English is great, and i think your teacher would be proud. Please enjoy the site and feel free to join in wherever you like.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
I think your english teacher will give you an 'A'. Its great to have you here. If you click on the 'Search' button near the top of the page, you will find a temperature and volume converter. You can easily convert celcius to farenheit and metric to gallons, etc.

V

·
0 Posts
hey welcome to the site! your english is great! if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!!!

tim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With Latin I mean fish-names in Latin

From almost every fish that I know, i also know the Latin name too. And these situations are exactly why Latin names exist:)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! Your english is great! And yes in english we call them rams.

Reactions: JIM

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
All the fish names are perfectly recognizable to us, do not worry. I think your English is great. I know a few people from Holland who are hobbyists and doing very well with their fish and find them friendly and wonderful people.

Thank you for joining our group and making it a better group. If you need help with anything please do not feel hesitant to ask anyone.

Rose

Reactions: JIM

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my holidays around christmas i want to reset my tank, with other fish:
15 cardinal tetra's,
10 hatchetfish,
2 ram's (not sure about that name, latin = microgeophagus ramirezi
3 khulii's
5 oto's
Because of my rams I bring up my temperature to 29°C (not Fahrenheit!) so i can't have oto's again*td so I must choose an other sucker mouth catfish. I 'took a look' at Planet Catfish.com and now I really want a L340. But id don't know (1) if the L-numbers are known in England, USA, go on, go on, and (2) if a L340 is (2a) possible and (2b) if i can get one anywhere in Holland.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
The L numbers and C numbers are international and are the same worldwide. They would get you the same fish world over. There is a wonderful gentleman from England who wrote a book on catfish (cories) actually but I do know that they are well aware of the system of classification there and could easily get the same fish. The problem of actually getting your hands on one may be another matter. I am not sure of the rules of Customs on some of the European countries there and if it is not a fish that your fish stores carry and with this one would probably not be, then I would suggest seeing if a fish store can order one in for you as they would have the easier way of importing since they have already got the licenses and paperwork in order.

The ones here will do that sometimes if they can find the fish available so I see no reason why they would not do so for you there.

Rose

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the site; great to have you here! Corydoras catfish are a great addition to a freshwater tank. Definitely consider them. There are plenty of species to choose from

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i really like them too, but I have already 2 species that live in the bottom levels. Also when I have an L340 + the fishes I already have called at my first message, my tank is full.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts