Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up three new plants today, and in the bag with the Red Tiger Lotus and Crinum calamistratum was a newborn guppy fry. He/she is happily swimming around in the net breeder. There were no fancy guppies in the plant tank, but it will still be fun to see how it turns out.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Great! Congratulations. When it gets old enough we would like pics of course.

Rose

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, I'll do my best with pics later. My camera's not so great with little fish closeups. Free snails eh? I've gotten lots of those.

Right now, I'm just glad to have one little fry. 400 fry is a little overwhelming for me.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
LOL...know what you mean. I do not even try with my camera anymore and all my fish are full grown. Some time maybe but I did not mean yet just try when the fish becomes full sized as we would love to see what they final fish looks like.

Rose

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My camera is an Olympus D-545 zoom. I've tried auto, and different settings. The lens and 4 megapixels just aren't good enough for macro shots. Always blurry no matter what I try. Sorry, buts its all I could afford at the time. Maybe someday I'll get a better camera.

And thank you for all the great info on snails.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The shutter speed is very slow, over one second, maybe two before capture. Perhaps you are right, if I steady the camera it will take sharper pictures.

But try to keep a fish still for 2 seconds, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts