Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 bala's died last night while I was asleep. Not sure if they got ich or nitrates... nitrates were fine when i checked this morning... But they only showed signs of late the night before last and i dosed them to cure but i guess i was to late... So a moment of silence please......

Also... I have a gourami tank... Should i keep it all gourami... or put something different in with them? I love the gouramis because of there various colors and designs... but yet im wondering if another awesome species would be cool...

Any ideas?

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Gouramis are semi-aggressives and will not do well with crowding so whatever you decide to do with the tank do not get too many fish in there or they will be hostile to the other fish and each other. They cannot have some types of fish with them like the ones they are related to IMHO but I do not know what size the tank is that you are speaking of. A very large tank would be more versatile to stock with other types but as I said they do not like being crowded.

I am so sorry that you lost your balas but it is hard to know what may have happened with them when i do not know what you "dosed" them with or do not know the extent of the ich. It sounds like they had other problems but they are also scaleless fish and can be troubled by some medications too.

Rose

1 - 2 of 2 Posts