Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, February 7th was the school science discovery fair for K-8 students in the Massapequa School District...i lost and got an A minus. My original plan was to see if keeping fish would relieve stress, but my dad got an oscar and ate all the colorful fish i had. I was also a little late, so I had to start a new project. Now I would like to use a 29 gal false-reef(a tank high in coralline algae growth with live rock and a few mushrooms.) For money reasons, I plan on making a small pocket to hang in my mom's law place where she works. On a list of items, I have the following already:
-salt mix
-algae scrubber
-fish net
-gravel vacuum

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i left a little info out. to make it a false-reef, i plan on letting my LR grow lots of coralline algae. the saltwater tank in seaford cinemas has live rock absolutely covered in coralline algae. now i am looking for colorful fish suggestions and what type of lighting needed to grow coralline algae. for the tank itself, i was thinking of raising enough money to get a 29 gal AAG kit. if i get this for the price of 134.99, the rest of the cost will be live rock, test kits, and a new light. the light that comes with it is a regular fluerescent that is less than 1 WPG. please help me with the little questions i have.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o and of course a protein skimmer. i was thinkin' seaclone or some other inexpensive hang-on skimmer. as a pH buffer, i plan on using a small stack of crushed coral from my dad's tank in a hidden area in the tank. if i use it from my dad's tank, it will also seed the cycle a bit.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i changed my mind. id rather do 55 gal fresh. i already have a light and tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts