Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stand just came for my 90 gallon, right now im just waiting on the filter. I went with the Fluval Fx5, i got a pretty good deal on it I also plan to put a marineland biowheel rated for a 30 gallon tank just because i have it sitting in my house and i figured why not, help filtering and eliminate any dead spots in my flow. I got 4 6700k bulbs and 2 10,000k. Im not growing anything exotic, actually all the stuff i plan on growing is pretty easy, java ferns, swords, moss, dwarf grass etc... I made a co2 system out of a paintball gun can and a regulater that i bought at home depot for 21$. Im gonna buy a bubble counter and a diffuser not becuase i cant make them but becuase i dont want to.(i dont plan on putting co2 system in untill filters are established) I bought 7 bags of eco complete, i hope that is enough, and 2 peices of driftwood from a website, they were 30$ each but far better than anything in the LFS around my way and not much natural drift wood in NYC. Im going to cycle this tank with media fish and plants from my established 20 gallon.
This tank is overstocked, its got 5 cherry barbs 3 red eyed tetras, 1 black widow tetra, 2 bala sharks, a rainbow shark and an albino cory. I do 20% water changes every other day right now. Im gonna take out the balas, black widow, ranibow and put them in the 90 gallon. Im also going to take some substrate,media and water from the established 20 gallon and put it in my 90 gallon tank and filter. The tank wont really go through a full cycle but it will have established bacteria inserted into the system. Im planting the tank from day 1. There are 2 swords in the 20 gallon that are gonig to be transplanted along with a ton of other plants that are being delivered to my house before the weekend. If the filter comes this week, i should have pictures up by next monday.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the stand built and put the tank on it tonight. Stand was pretty easy to build. I cant center it on the wall becuase the arm of the couch will block the cabinit in the frot and one of the pillars in the back would block my power outlet.
If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the tank you will see where i broke the wall trying to move the couch. I propped my back up against the wall and went to push the couch with my legs but my back just went through the wall. Later my brother and a friend helped me move it. The tank will cover the hole, my parents will never find out....

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You really shouldnt need a co2 set up for a 10 gallon. If at some point you decide you want one loook up DIY Co2 reactors on google, they give you some pretty cheap and easy set ups, i have one on the 20 gallon. On the 90 gallon im going with a pressurized system

·
Registered
91 Posts
awesome tank. love the decks too, and nice hole. are you in NYC or on longisland or something? wondering if you ever went to new world aquarium in the city, and what you think about them?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i live in queens and work in manhattan on 51st and lex, im at new world atleast twice a week. I pass it every day when i go throught he midtown tunnel. I think that they are pretty good, they definatly are salesmen who try to sell u the most expensive stuff they can. Their selection of corals are amazing, their fish always look healthy and i always see atleast 1 person on tank maintenence. I think its a good store, i have never had a problem with anything i have bought from there.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got the filter and drift wood, Fluval Fx5 does not fit in the tank stand, major fail, awsome huge filter though, i have room behind my couch so its not that bad

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my driftwood over the weekend check it out

i am in the process of getting them ready for the tank, it should be about 2 more weeks. I scrubbed them and now have them under bricks in a bin in my yard, i changed the water every day.

I have a few other smaller peices but these two are really going to be the center peices of the tank. If they dont sink in 2 weeks im drilling them to a peice of slate with a stainless steel screw and then hiding the slate under the substrate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts