Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's the tale. I have had an 8g bc for approx. 1.5 yrs now. The thing looked phenomenal. However, recently with no warning what so ever the pump gave out. So I immediately started plucking corals out of the doomed tank until I was able to get a replacement. Ok just as a reference the 8g stock pump is 106 g/h or 400 L/h the one i got is 1000L/h idk what that is in g/h but is that gonna be to much flow or should I be ok? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so is that gonna be TOO much flow or should it be ok. I was kinda thinking that baybe since the flow would bounce off the glass it would change the dynamics of currents. But if im not able to keep things thatll suck pretty hardcore

·
Registered
187 Posts
Im not really for sure friend.Im sure archer772 will know he is very sharp on this stuff:)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
it could've been a faulty item or u read it wrong and its 100 L/h, which would be too small!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
probably faulty. return it and get the right kind.

·
Registered
190 Posts
its not falty i dont think so. But I think that will be to much because its more than 2x your old one that was made for it, it would blow all the sand in your tsnk around what I would do if you can adust the flow turn it down and then order a pump that came with your tank of the net. And just use the pump until then

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i just traded out pumps from my 14g bc and the one i had ?'s about certainly the 14 can handle a bit more flow

·
Love my fish!
11 Posts
IMO you can never have too much flow. High flow keeps algae down and helps keep detritus from settling in dead spots. I have a 24g NC and I upgraded the return pump with a 300gph pump and added a seio 620gph pump in the tank. I have very little problems with algae.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts