Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im going to be setting up a 75 gallon tank and i would like to know what fish i should get for it. thanks john krause :fish5:

·
Registered
264 Posts
well since your doing a FOWLR tank you don't have to worry about fish destroying coral. now have you decided on at least one of the fish you would like to have in the tank? That would give me an idea on what to help you pair up when it comes to them getting along.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Wow, that's awesome, best wishes with your new tank!

Clownfish are a good choice, some chromis perhaps, maybe a goby, a tang, and a wrasse. There's so many to pick from. If you can think of some fish that you like for the tank, let us know and we can let you know if they would be a good choice or not.

Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
When you get the fish tank all set up, would you please take several pics from different areas of the fish tank and show us what you did with it?:fish11:

·
Registered
264 Posts
agree with mediahound. try pairing them with fish that are peaceful like clowns and maybe one small tang depending on the breed. you can probably keep up to 7-8 medium fish or up to 10-15 small fish in the tank. before you start adding the fish make sure your tank had time to acclimate. let me do some research on the fish the wanted and i will get back to you a list of compatible fish mates.

·
Registered
264 Posts
well from what i read they are fairly peaceful fish and do well in environments with lots of algae and LR, easy to care for,and there sizes range from 1"-2". not sure if they do well other members of the same species but they should do well other peaceful tank mates such as:

clowns (depending on the species)
tangs (depending on the species)
damsels
etc.

small species of fish is best to keep with this guy. try to stray away from large predators.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts