Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all this time, I'm stumped by the cloudy aquarium. Cloudy white and green algae which does not attach to aquarium...just floats there. I've done several water total water changes, and last time I bleached the entire tank. Coralife Biocube 32.

· Registered
66 Posts
Start a new tank, wait 6-8 weeks move the fish there, destroy the old habitat, make a new one, wait 6-8 weeks boom it's back to normal.
Simplest solution to an unanswerable problem. I don't know what else to do. Is the food making it that way? Maybe something in the glass.
Stumped by algae. who knew. Ditch that tank lol.

· Registered
120 Posts
Is this salt or fresh? I'd say try vacuuming out the rear chamber and cleaning your media in tank water, and clean your pump(s) and return hose in vinegar. After that, I would start picking up decorations and looking for dead stuff. Then, if the problem still persists, I'd do nothing else except test the water daily to make sure it's safe for the livestock. It will usually clear up on it's own eventually. I would do the first steps over the course of a few days to a week.

I have a biocube 32 also, and the rear chamber is a pain to get into with a siphon, so I use a battery operated siphon pump for that job. I think it was like $20 on Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts