Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm hopping in this with a reasonable bit of research after I impulse bought on the tank... and I dunno if I'm the worst or the most welcomed on a forum like this... but I'm attempting to try due diligence... getting my daughter a starter tank for Christmas really... so... here's what I've currently bought...

^ tank with light/filter

some black gravel, a couple cute resin Spongebob fixtures, a few artificial plants for decor... I've actually thought about going all-in and getting a 55+ gallon for the future but for now... we'll start simple...

Some things in my Amazon cart that I'm pretty sure I need...
^ temp control
^ seachem prime
^ seachem stability

I assume I need a fish net, food, bucket for transfers... obviously at least 1 fish... anything that can fit in a 6 gallon tank with a Betta to give him/her night time cuddles? Open to anything I'm overlooking or any other recommendations... not claiming to know anything at all at this point, just asking for help really. Thank you to anyone that responds :)

· Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
8,773 Posts
Welcome Need to read https://www.buildyouraquarium.com/how-to-fishless-cycle/ to get basic understanding. Not to much will fit with a Betta, a snail Don't order stability, If you cycle tank right it's not needed. Get yourself a test kit. API liquid is best. Look into low light plants instead of fake.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Need to read https://www.buildyouraquarium.com/how-to-fishless-cycle/ to get basic understanding. Not to much will fit with a Betta, a snail Don't order stability, If you cycle tank right it's not needed. Get yourself a test kit. API liquid is best. Look into low light plants instead of fake.
plant recs for that tank? I'm not opposed to it.... seen several videos on cycling the aquarium before fish introduction so I was aware of that but thank you for the link... I'll order the tester...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
winks, careful, she likes the jungle look ;)
I'm not zoned in on Bettas either... was gonna let my daughter pick out the fish(es) I figured she'd go for the Betta cause they are gorgeous and good sized vs school fish that can live in that environment... and while it would be cool to have a Gary the snail, that particular enclosure doesn't have a top unfortunately :X... small catfish or something? Or another direction entirely?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts