Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these get posted all of the time, but I just cycled my 55 gallon after a move. I am looking for some input on what to put in it. I have some ideas, but maybe you guys can help get me straightened out.

I have never kept Clown Loaches before, but was thinking about a school of those. However, I am unsure as to how big they get (i get varied answers from books and online), or how many to get. I also would like Glass Catfish, but they don't show up well (I mean...they are transparent), but are very interesting in schools. Others on the list are Harlequin Rasboras, A Rainbow Shark, Platy's/Swordtails, Bleed Heart Tetras, or Red-Striped Rasboras.

My issue is I want some schooling taking place. However, I also want the fish to show up well in the tank. I've heard Bleeding Hearts can be troublesome, and the Harlequins are small. Since, of these on the list I've only kept Platy's, I just don't know.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
271 Posts
CL get HUGE, but they do grow extremely slowly. you can get a small school for your 55, and just rehome them when they outgrow the tank.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Platy's and cardinal tetras show up real good,and you can buy a bunch of them, then you can do like a Zebra Pleco or a Clown Pleco ( those stay small ), Rainbow Shark is a nice touch, and maybe a couple of the Neon Blue Dwarf Gourmais or something. I just wanted a colorful tank, I also got a 48 inch bubble wand to rund the length of the back of the tank, that looks so cool. Well hope i gave a couple of ideas.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry meant to say Guppies and Cardinal Tetras.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts