Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yayyyyyy!!!!*o2*w3*w3*w3*w3*w3

i just got a free 55 gallon aquarium from my aunt...you wont believe how happy i am right now.the only probelm is that i probably would have to reseal it again and i need to get a new filter because hers broke down. i probably need to get new substrate 2...btw i am going to make it fw.i might even need a new hood and lighitng system.and it even comes with a stand!!!

Priorities

1.new filter
2.substrate
3.hood
4.silicone to reseal
5.i need help on how to aquascape the whole thing

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking an aqua clear

what do you think i should get???

not to expensive but good

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinking that i am going to put cichlids and upside down catfish.and if not then maybe a community tank(angels,swordtails,etc.)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i might end up getting a marineland bio-wheel 350...then maybe a power head as well

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want to get a couple of clown loaches,angelfish,swordtails,upside down catfish,etc
and i probably want to get some plants as well

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and no pics yet srry dont have my camera right now srry

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have come to the conclusion thAt i am going to stock it with a variety of barbs(tigers,albino tigers,green tigers,cherry barbs,gold barbs),a school of cories,and upside down catfish as well

Opinions or comments?*i/d*

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so i just got some wood from my ranch yesterday...and i was wondering if it is safe for my aquarium...i already soaked and cleaned it as much as possible with tap water

any help or comments are welcome

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im thinkin that i am going to make it like fool of driftwood and idk on live plants yet...i never have planted live plants before

i am going to stock it with tiger barbs,albino tiger barbs,green tiger barbs,gold barbs,cherry barbs,and some tetras too.and a school of assorted cories ,upside down catfish.

any ideas other than that???or comments

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok...i just took a pic of it

as you can see i have a problem...there are water 'stains' on the glass after i washed the aquarium because it was pretty dirty...how do i take them off safely???

thank you for all the help

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yay finally got the sand and a couple of plants...amazon and idk what the other one is

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if this is still an issue. But I find vinegar to work really well on cleaning glass. Not going to harm your fish either if you don't rinse it well enough. Not that I wold recomend not rinsing. :)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay... Its almost time to put the first fish in (like 1 week)and i am going to put 2 syno eupterus and my tiger barbs as well as my cories

·
*blackback butterflyfish*
208 Posts
we have an upside down catfish and he is awesome when he swims across the top of the tank upside down and all...but he always hides and fights for his hiding spot. chases the other fish...also he is easily already 5 inches and growing. plus he digs up the sand and is up all night bothering the sleeping fish.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
first pics of tank...yay

tankshot

my cat!!!

the whole barb family!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts