Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanna thank jccaclimber2 for the plants. They all arrived looking great, all puppy approved. And I hope they acclimate to my water well. We'll see!!

This AM I still couldn't see very well into the tank. Still cloudy, and there is no filter on it yet. Maybe I should of rinsed off the sand.. :D

No, no sword in that mountain of plants. Actually, I was a bit overzealous. This is way to many plants. I must definitely setup a 40b now... :D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Saturday project.

Have you ever set a container up, put 300+ lbs of liquid in it, and the next day think, boy why did I put that 400+ lbs on that stand. Even more surprising, I decided to change it! :O

blurry picture #1

100% WC! Lol.

New Home:

·
Registered
237 Posts
The first stand looked to be very well built. I examined it because I need to build another stand next weekend. Everything was well supported. Why did you think it wouldn't hold the weight?

Nice tank and plants. What is the one toward the right that looks like a green sunburst?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Therein lies a good question. I don't remember. It may be a syngonanthus of some sort, although the leaf edges aren't smooth. A pogostemon is also a possibility. Honestly I'd put survival at less likely, but it's such a cool plant I had to throw one in.

It is NOT:
Pogostemon erectus
Pogostemon stellatus
Ludwigia 'cuba'
Ludwigia inclinata 'pantanal'
Limnophila aromatica (hippuroides)

Edit: It isn't the stellatus I've gotten at fish stores, I suppose there could be a much narrow leafed variant.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The first stand looked to be very well built. I examined it because I need to build another stand next weekend. Everything was well supported. Why did you think it wouldn't hold the weight?
I didn't change stands thinking it couldn't hold the weight. That stand has had a 37 gallon on it for 4 years. I changed the stand more so to convince myself to get a bigger tank!!! :D btw.. a 60 will sit on that stand, no problem!! (a 75 won't.. :( )

OH, it's been next weekend. How'd your stand build go?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I didn't change stands thinking it couldn't hold the weight. That stand has had a 37 gallon on it for 4 years. I changed the stand more so to convince myself to get a bigger tank!!! :D btw.. a 60 will sit on that stand, no problem!! (a 75 won't.. :( )

OH, it's been next weekend. How'd your stand build go?
I put it off. I was busy with other stuff and never made it in to LOwes for lumber. I can't put it off much longer, though. Not at the rate these darned guppies are breeding. I need a couple more tanks, too. I understand that Petco has it $1. gallon sale going on now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Petco has $1 gallon tank sell? I gotz to go now! :D

Week with 11 new fish to the tank.
PH 8.2
No2 zero
Am zero
No3 80 (I'm full EI the tank though with no co2.. ) I'll be adding difuser this next week I believe! :D

Pic after the water change.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts