Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started this about 2 weeks ago so I thought it was time to get some feedback. It is a peninsula setup. euipment is as follows

40b aga
20L sump/fuge aga
quiet one 2200 return
reef octopus NWB110 skimmer
fishneedit 150w MH
t5's on order
vortech MP20

stocking ???

will be mixed reef setup

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Got any updates? I have a 40g breeder tank I keep going back n forth on between fresh or salt. Would love to see updates & any info you got on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey jbb, is your tank and sump all setup yet?

Gonna have the same set up pretty much, was wondering how everything was working.

Keep me posted with new pics and info

Dan

·
ADV TankSeperationAnxity
1,442 Posts
I really like the island type setups. Allows for viewing from both sides which is awesome as long as the tank is clear front and back.

Reactions: wimpyreef

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, but this tank is no longer . The 40b started to bow really bad and was taken down and replaced with a 105g . I will make a thread on it soon, but right now i am in a algae battle and it is kicking my butt. So i just bought 3 buckets of salt and a new ro/di system and i am about to open a serious can of woop a$$. I will dig around and see if i still have any pics of the 40b before it tried to flood my house. Thanks for the interest and i hope to have a new thread for you soon.

-Bryan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure what the problem was to be honest. The stand was level and sitting on level ground, even had foam under the tank to be sure. For some reason the glass was bowing pretty good on both long sides. I spoke with the manufacture and they said that bowing is normal on the 40b, however if i were to maybe pick up sand in my mag float and scratch the glass it could possibly weaken the glass enough for it to break. After that i took it down and went with a better tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
well good to hear you're back on the horse so to say with a 105 GAL SAAYY WHAAT!
go big or go home right?

any advice on what size pump (gph) for return should i pick up?
got a 45 gal tank with 2 holes - 3/4" per hole going into a 20 gal sump?

·
ADV TankSeperationAnxity
1,442 Posts
Interesting, sounds like you just needed a cross brace to stop the bowing. I have a 40G Breeder and it's so solid I can't even imagine it bowing without the brace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts