Dwarf Yellow Tang
Blue Damsel

or

Feather Duster
Coral
Hermit Crabs
Turbo Snails
Dwarf Lion Fish

Need suggestions/changes and help with the care of each. To make sure I keep my tank happy.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Hi Janette,
I would skip adding the Mandarin. They are beautiful but not good tank specimens.
As far as coral goes, what type of coral did you have in mind? They usually require very pure water and the feeding requirements of a lion fish usually contradict what you are trying to achieve as far as water quality goes. Also, you might want to consider a couple green chromis instead of the blue (devil) damsel because the damsels get very territorial and nasty over time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rhanks for the info,
Not sure on the equipment. I currently have a Fluval 300 filter and can't seem to find the other items in a size that is not overpowering my tank.
Could you help me out there?
Also could use some useful info on the corals(which variety and how to care for)?
Also the anenome?
I am going to work slow to build my tank?
So any help would be useful...

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
The tradeoff with a Fluval is you'll probably want to get hang-on-back protein skimmer. Especially since you want to get corals. I would start with some soft corals, such as button polyps and and maybe some different colors of zoanthids. These are usually more forgiving than some other corals. Also make sure you get a bulb designed to sustain corals. Since its a hex tank you dont have a lot of room to put a couple intense fluorescent tubes, so you might want to think about investing in a clip-on high intensity, but small, metal halide bulb. It's one of the limited options you have for adequate lighting.
I would advise getting the anemone after a few months of success and establishment.
Happy to help!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i personally like the mandarins, if u add a refugium and lost of live rocku can try to keep 1 with caution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts