Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to this forum but thought i would share some pic's..here is my 3 gallon nano..

i will try for closeups on some of the corals later to post

thanks for looking

Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MediaHound

stocking list includes
halloween zoa(thats what i call it..not really sure of the true name)
true blue zoa
assorted plain zoas
green frog spawn(very small)
green blast
orange blasto
green ricordia
orange sun coral frag
green calusteria

i want to put 2 more frags of zoa's in there and then let it grow out
1) nucluer green zoa's
2) creamsicle zoa's

i dont a 1/2 gallon water change on wed and on sat

Rick

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tank looks great. What lighting do you have on it?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
18watt corallife 9w 10k 9 w 67k..as of tomorrow morning im changing the 67k to a true atintic..just add nuclear green zoa's and a pom pom crab.

Rick

·
Registered
95 Posts
thats pretty good lighting. Is it all one switch or are there 2 separate switches one for the 10k and one for the actinic? Those nuclear greens would look awesome under just actinics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its just 1 switch but i have another fixture that is broken..im going to try to put them on seprate switches when i have the time.
thank for the compliments

Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone..look for closeup pics Sunday...tank is doing very well..only setback i had was i had 1 ballast go bad..im rebuiling that first thing in the morning..shouldnt take to long to fix..i have a extra light for parts..

Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Josie

I have taken some things out of there..mostly a zoa tank now the stuff that was in there bigger was for my 60 gallon reef..going to rescape it today also..plus fix the light..

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i got them... but im not sure they are true nuvlear greens they dont look like yours..had another set back..im going to have to move the tank...it gets way to hot where it is..so im moving it to the basement..pics will be coming soon.

Rick

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good luck with moving the tank, luckily its a small one so it will be fairly easy to move

Reactions: RickM61

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks mediahound and atlantic reefer..when i get it moved i will post pics of the so called nuclear grrens ..see what you think mediahound...

Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok i finally got the tank moved and the light fixed..i rescaped the tank..pulled some corals out..i will post some pics tomorrow..i had to wait for a freshwater tank to cycle to tank down another tank to move this little tank, but its done now..i will post closeups also..

Rick

1 - 20 of 66 Posts