Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People. I'm newish here, but not to fish. I specialize in puffer fish.
I currently have my 3 gallon Eclipse fish tank with no fish. Its been used for 7 years until my freshwater dwarf puffer died recently. I was wondering what equipment I would need for a 3 gallon such as:
-Lighting
-Filtering
-Protein Skimmer
My dad has over 20+ Years of salt water experience so he's making me search for the stuff without asking him any questions.Lol
We know how to do the salt and everything, I just have questions on the lighting, filtering and a protein skimmer. Nothing has been changed. I change the filter pad every month. The lighting is the same. I get a new one every 6 months are so. I get the eclipse lighting for it. So if you can tell me the stuff I need to set it up above. That would be nice
- Thank you-
Brandon
BTW I have aim. My s/n is: area223

It would be easier to get me on there.
:fish-info:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make your own skimmer, lighting is a problem with corals in tanks that small, one way around that is to get low light corals, any thing that grows back in the rocks. I have always used live sand and live rock to filter my 2.5 gallon nano, no fish just a few sexy shrimp for clean up and to provide a little action. Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts