Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how the heck i keep the water above the min line in the pump section of my well. The water in the tank is filled to the specified line and it was fine before but now it has dropped below the min line and the only way i can raise it is to lift my filter cartridge up to allow more water to flow.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you mean that the pump sucks the water to fast, like does the tank fill up with water and the sump water level gets lower?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel that the pump sucks faster than chamber 1 and 2 can refill it. How can i fix this ? i thought about cutting the wall on chamber 1 to make the opening bigger this way i get more flow thru the filter cartridge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have removed the cartridge and yes it helps but it should work with it in because that is the way its designed. Thanks for the help i think im going to cut the wall in chamber 2 to allow more flow from chamber 1.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yea your cut ida should work, I have a aquapod and it did the same thing, so I removed all the filter media that came w/it, except for mechanical

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 29G Biocube and the filter clogs up very fast. I removed mine, widened the opening between chambers 1 & 2, and added a CPR Aquatics SR3 skimmer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a 14 gallon Biocube and I took out the bioballs in the middle section, which helped. I was able to keep the filter in after that. However, it always seemed that I had to fill it quite abit above the line for things to work properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did not use any of the media that came with mine, bioballs, sponge, or ceramics. Went with LR rubble in 1st chamber, magic mud in chamber 2, magic mud in chamber3 with micro alge and 2 power heads in chamber 4. I put the mud in small containers to keep it in place. everything is super stable now going on 2 months. I also have one clown, cleaning shrimp,sand star, 4snails and 2 hermit crabs. Everyone seems to be happy, although one Hermit ate a snail for his shell. Any one have any advice on the next inhabitant of this marine tank?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cut the tab out between chambers 1 and 2, then discard the stock filter from chamber 1. Put filter floss on top of the drip tray in chamber two. You only need a hand full on the side where the water enters chamber two. I also use purigen and chemipure. You can put the purigen in Chamber 1 and put the chemipure where the sponge is (throw the sponge away). Or, you can buy a media rack to go into chamber 2 to put all the media in (filter floss on top, purigen in middle slot, and chemipure in the bottom slot). This setup works well for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts