Aquarium Forum banner

20g to 75g Take 2!

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DarkRevoultions 
#1 · (Edited)
Well due to my issues that I posted here:
http://www.aquariumforum.com/f2/winter-warning-1772.html
I ended up breaking down my 75g tank before figuring out what the problem was. This gave me the chance to re-start my 75g tank, but it was still rushed as far as finding new driftwood and a few new plants.

I was able to find a local supplier of driftwood that was "safe" and had been naturally found in water for years. I also order more fern type plants to have more growth choices on the driftwood and rocks. It's still not ideal but I wanted to limit the time my fish spent in the 20g due to size and overcrowding issues. So I present to you all my new 75g setup.

New setup:

Previous setup:

See less See more
#10 ·
Wow 54W bulbs!! I don't know much about the T5 or "T" stuff for the bulbs xD I just look for the wattage and the kelvin rating.

I might want to get a stronger light bulb for my 29 gallon. Probably 40W and 18,000k if that even is possible :)

Will a pink bulb alone be able to bring out the green in my amazon sword plants?

I have a Flora Glo one which is 20W and 6,500k rating. It is a big upgrade for me because my old one was probably a 15 or 20 W but a kelvin rating lower than 2,000. So my swords didn't do so well. Do you think that Home Depot will be a good place to buy the light bulbs? like the Fluorescent long tube light...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.