Aquarium Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I finally got some good pictures of my emperor tetras! These fish are gorgous but hard to photograph since they almost never sit still. Here is the male which displays a black line through the body along with some neon blue, yellow on the fins and a touch of red on the tail which looks like a trident:

Here is the female, less colorful but still a touch of red on her and a bigger body:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here is a larger picture of my tank. You can really see the fungus problem I was having on my Mopani and grapevine driftwood. Both are starting to clear up now after ~4 weeks. You can mostly see cardinals, gold white clouds, and a few emperor tetras. The fast streak up front is my german blue ram.

The rectangle in the background is my computer monitor reflecting off the back mirrored wallpaper. I just now noticed it after posting on another thread about my wallpaper...lol:

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Can you get a close up of it. It looks a lot like bladderwort which can come in as a hitchhiker. If it is pull the piece out of the water and remove it. as one little stray piece and that stuff will spread all over the tank and can be hard to get rid of.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The tank is looking very nice. I always wondered about the grapevine wood being aquarium safe, some say yes and some say no. It will be interesting to see how it does in the long run (rotting issues etc)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Good catch there Doedogg, I didn't take notice of the DW he used. Now that I have what is all that fuzzy stuff on it in the big picture. It's not beard algea it is to white for that.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It was fungus growning on it, but it was much worse on the Mopani driftwood. They have both begun to get better though. It usually takes 4-6 weeks for the fungus to completely die from what I hear, so I am getting close.

Susankat, I will try to get a better picture and look up bladderwort to see if I can find a good picture of it now that I have a name. Thanks a lot!! BTW my german ram seems to love to eat it, so I don't think it will last long in there.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Looks like it is definately a "lesser" bladderwort. This picture seems to match it exactly. It can be a nuisance plant, but the bladders also eat small organisms. Wonder if this can keep small parasites like flukes, ich, velvet...etc from standing a chance?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts