Aquarium Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
What's that brown stuff in the glass cup thing? I think it is something for co2.

·
On the wild side
4,132 Posts
A drop checker, checks the pH to make sure it doesnt dip too low as Co2 drops the pH in tanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Truaqua has very good filter for a good price if you wanna give them a look I've had a couple of their filter when I had freshwater tanks. Also if you want a powerhead I highly suggest 1 jebao wp10 DC wave maker. They are cheap, quite and reliable I have 2 of them on my 40 for over a year and only been cleaned once. You'll need no where close to the amount of flow 2 put off full blast you'll only need one. Nice thing about them is they are DC pump which means they are adjustable for a wide range of flow rates so you would be able to play with it until you got the flow you wanted. On top of that they have a wide variety of modes you can put them in eg. constant, standing wave,sine curve, random and surge mode I might be missing one haha The mount makes them super was to adjust the direction of flow and are a small footprint in the tank, just don't listen to what the output of them are only the lowest setting you'll barely have a leaf sway, full blast on the other hand you might have a mess in your tank lol you can get them anywhere from $35-$40.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you want to get real high tech and drop some cash, hook your CO2 up to an electronic solenoid and have it controlled by a pH controller. Then get yourself a 2 head jebao automatic doser and hook up your fertalizers to it so your tank is getting consistent food. Lastly is if you are feeling like a real big spender invest yourself into a kessil a160we tuna sun or previous model a150w amazon sun LED light, like I was telling another member on here earlier. Now that would be a good investment if your ever deciding to upgrade in the future one a160we will handle just about any tank under 4ft (before you have to buy multiple units), 60,000+ hour lifespan before they MIGHT have the possibility of changing spectrum, on top of their controllability. You can control intensity and spectrum on the unit if you got the kessil controller you could set a sunrise, sunset, varying intensities and spectrum throughout the day and moonlight. Just throwing it out there to give you some ideas!

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
It looks good with the duck weed, it reminds me of a peaceful jungle.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts