Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a 20 gallon that is empty and i want to make it a community.i want it to look natural so i will be getting at least a couple of plants... Im leaning torwards a guppy friendly environment. Any comments or ideas are needed at this point

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just bought a couple of plants last night that would awesome for guppies, especially the fry. Can't think of what it's called right now but I was "assured" it was hearty. I'll see if I can get the name of it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well, I'm a big fan of corys, especially panda corys, and they're great community tank fish. They are constantly scavenging and keeping everything clean. Otocinclus catfish are great for the same purpose in comminity tanks. Mollys and platys would bo good in that kind oif tank too. Some tetras could be good too--rummynose, cardinals, penguins, etc. and/or rasboras.
Cabomba and Anacharis are pretty easy to grow as well as java ferns and seem to do great with all types of fish.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 2 emerald cories in there right now and i might get a couple of panda cories to acompany them

how about swordtails in there with guppies,mollies,and platies???

thank you all for the replies

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive seen those velvet swords b4 and they are awsome

swordtail+guppy=happy

lol

·
Registered
724 Posts
Swordtails would work for sure. Emerald corys are great too. Sounds like this is going to be a pretty cool community tank!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts