Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a 20gal. to small for like 3 angels and maybe 5 or 6 neon tetras? haven't set the tank up yet still planning things out so Im not sure.

also does anyone have any idea how much water a penguin Pf99 filter can filter? I cant find anything on the web just parts for it I got 2 of them for free so Im just seeing if I can use them for the 20gal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it is a 20 gallon tall,you could have 1 Angel.I would not put neons with it though.The Angel will probably eat them.

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! no angel should be put in a 20g. that is WAAAYYY too small for any angels. even for one. a 30g is pushing it, a 55g is much better. for a 20g, i would recommend some neon tetras and possibly a dwarf gourami. they are very beautifull fish with very vibrant colors. but an angelfish in a 20g will not work out at all.

best of luck! :)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
2-3 angels need atleast a 50g tank to be comfy.

If you are using neons and angels they can be eaten, not always but they can. Cardinal tetras are bigger and IMO have better coloration then the neons do.

There are alot of cool tetras out there that can have numbers in that size tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts