Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Biocube 29 setup for just over 2 weeks now. I started with live water from the LFS and live sand and 20 lbs of live rock. I let it run for a couple of days and then added 2 small fish and then added a cleanup crew a few days after that when I started to get some algae growth on the rocks. The CUC took right to their work and the take looks pretty good and everyone seems happy. I did use a Mag-Float to get some of leftovers on the glass that the CUC didn't get. I also added a Koralia 1 to increase the flow in the tank based on other posts.

I have two questions:

1) I probably need more live rock for the size of the tank and also to eventually populate for some corals. Should I go ahead and add another 20 lbs of live rock now or wait until the tank becomes more established?

2) I was looking at getting rid of the bios balls and going to something like the mediabasket from InTank and then eventually a skimmer that could fit in the other half of the 2nd chamber. Should/Can I do that mod now? Should I add the protein skimmer now also or cna I wait a couple of months for that one?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts