Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 150 gallon tank from a lady. great deal but i have a problem. She doesnt know if its a fish tank or a reptile tank. She told me it has black sealant and ive never seen that before. she has a turtle in it now but no water. the glass is almost a 1/2 thick so i am wondering if it is acrylic..

can anyone tell me if i can put water in this and if the sealant is toxic to fish? i will probably reseal it anyway since it had a turtle in it but i just need to know before i buy it.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
It sounds like a fish tank. Some aquariums did come with black sealant. Have here fill it for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i went and picked it up, it was really a 75 gallon tank LOL. So there is definately aquarium sealant nice, clear, thick and wide on the bottom corners but the sides are black and nowhere near as thick. There is one middle bar going across the top and bottom. the glass is not as thick as they told me. on the bottom of the tank on the bar it has a stick that says its tempered glass and made by Myung Moo Yoo or something like that. its 48 wide 18 deep and 20 tall.

I realize it needs to be resealed if i want to put fish in it but i need to know if the glass will hold up to the water now

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Yes it should hold water if you use new aquarium sealent. How thick is the glass by chance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts