Aquarium Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
I have added the background and the cave. Just waiting for new lights now (and more fish, too).
Hi!!!😃😃
Omggg!! It's beautiful!! It looks sooooooooooo much different and nicer now!😃 you've done an amazing job, Sir! 😃 wowww!!
Isn't this fun?? Now, this is my favorite part in our hobby, the decorating!! My hubby ribs me Allll the time about my "decorating", he just shakes his head at me. I just tell him that I like to change up on our babies so it gives them something to do!😂😂😂😂

I have now got my tank fully stocked. I have now got a full quota of Peppered Corys, a Bolivian Ram and a Red Robin Honey Gourami

Hi there, fish buddy!😃 it's great to hear how it's going for you!! How exciting!😃
Omggg! I know all about Gouramis but what is this interesting one? How? Where did you purchase this excellent species??? Omggg!😃
It's sooooooooooo beautiful!😃 I'd love 2 of them! If you don't mind me asking, friend, how much were he and where???
I love the pictures!!!😃😃
And, tell me, how'd the adventure go for you when you were purchasing your new babies???

Hi there, fish buddy!😃 it's great to hear how it's going for you!! How exciting!😃
Omggg! I know all about Gouramis but what is this interesting one? How? Where did you purchase this excellent species??? Omggg!😃
It's sooooooooooo beautiful!😃 I'd love 2 of them! If you don't mind me asking, friend, how much were he and where???
I love the pictures!!!😃😃
And, tell me, how'd the adventure go for you when you were purchasing your new babies???
Hi, again!
I forgot to ask you; how many Cories did you end up acquiring?? You're going to have several babies!! How exciting!😃

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I have now got 8 Cories. The Gourami and the Ram came by mail from a shop about 90 miles away from me here in Scotland. They arrived within 24 hours and look healthy enough. I went back to my LFS to get the Cories and try and persuade them to sell me a Gourami but they hadn't even managed to get a delivery of Cories so i got them all by mail. Here is a link to a different shop about the species. Red Robin Gourami

I have now got 8 Cories. The Gourami and the Ram came by mail from a shop about 90 miles away from me here in Scotland. They arrived within 24 hours and look healthy enough. I went back to my LFS to get the Cories and try and persuade them to sell me a Gourami but they hadn't even managed to get a delivery of Cories so i got them all by mail. Here is a link to a different shop about the species. Red Robin Gourami
Hi!!
Wayyy to go, hon!!😃
I applaud your determination!😃 I can't wait to tell my husband! Thank for the link, our fish buddy.
Yes! I order all the time and actually find that these babies are much more healthier!😃
I've been seriously debating to purchase a Fahaka Pufferfish for I just adore these creatures for they have such cute personalities and if taken seriously cared for they make wonderful pets; you know? I've also been desiring a Spiny Pufferfish which is totally marine. The Fahaka originates from the Nile River which happens to be one of their aka names and is completely freshwater...

Hi!!😃
I was thinking about you.😃
How is your tank and new babies doing now? I said a prayer for you all!😃
Well, we set up our 7th tank now and it's been cycling, of course, and wanted to share with you, friend, that Sumo, he's a Fahaka Pufferfish, will be arriving tomorrow from Egypt! We are sooo psyched!😃 I mentioned earlier that we mostly order our babies from a reputable breeder named Quinn's. He's wonderful, trustworthy and inexpensive!😃
I couldn't wait to share this with you.😃

Bad news and good. Bad first, the Ram didn't make it. Never really seemed to recover from the journey and faded away.
On the good side, the Peppered Cories are thriving and the Red Robin Gourami is looking magnificent!
Hi!!😃
Aawww... I'm sorry but if everyone is honest, it happens to the best of us, unfortunately. Don't give up, hon, if you want to, get another replacement? We've lost sooo many here and there but we refuse to give up because we love them sooo dearly; you know?
When we begun, we loved catfish...sooo you go into the pet store, as beginners do, and we see this marvelous looking Syndonic (spelling) catfish and go, 'hey! I like him...' sooo we buy him and bring him home and do the "normal" and name him Harry (don't know why😂😂) and to make a long story short, it actually took us 4x to"bring Harry home"... He is now 5" long and about about a little over 1 year; see?
Also, with Huff-Puff, our Leopard Puffer, with him, we eventually ended up with a harem because this is what I really want, around 10 of them, buttttt...they continued dying on us; right? I was fuming! To say the slightest...but, I yelled 'enough'! It was breaking my heart and I begun doing some serious research, this is before I knew about fish forum and such, here, unfortunately, we were purchasing these beautiful babies, even ordering online, anddd Huff-Puff was "winning the domain", if you will! Yep! They will kill, even their own!😳 we were fighting a loosing battle. They are extremely notorious predators and not knowing...you get the idea...ughhh...soooo...we learned he's in a one species tank...forever...
Yes! Your baby Gourami will outlive them all; I promise!😂😂 we have 13 and they are grrr-eat babies! And, your baby Corys are going to turn into twos then threes!!😂😂😂
Well! Stay in touch for I just love talking to you!😃

Bolivian Rams are basically a warm water fish, thrives best at 77 to 82 degrees. German Blue Ram is not recommended for beginners as they have strict water quality and specific requirements.ph of 5.0 to 7.0 with a 10 dgh. temp 74 to 82. Danios temp 64 to 74 which is a lot cooler than rams need to thrive.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.