|Welcome to AquariumForum.com!
This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.
Violation of the rules will result in a warning and possibly a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings will be issued by PM or by the warning system. Permanent bans are at the discretion of the management.
EACH FORUM MAY HAVE ITS OWN SET OF RULES. PLEASE READ ALL STICKIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE INDIVIDUAL FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.
Here are the general forum rules:
The management reserves the right to make judgment calls. We can't write a rule for everything. If we see nonsense on the forum we will take care of it and let you know why. This is the "no nonsense" rule. The rest of the rules are as follows:
1. No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, objectionable, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars. This could result in the loss of your membership without reimbursement.
2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing against someone's will information that is private and personal.
3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
4. Please create threads in the proper forum. Before posting any thread, visit the AquariumForum.com homepage and find the most appropriate forum to post your thread. Also, before posting in the forum, click to enter the forum and look for a sticky thread with more forum-specific rules.
5. Please only post one thread per topic, and update that thread as needed. For example, if you post a tank build progress thread, please post all subsequent pictures into that same thread you perhaps started a few weeks ago. You can easily locate your threads - in your user control panel, there's a list of your subscribed threads.
6. Do not PM spam. You should only PM to reply to a PM sent to you, or to answer a post that has requested a PM response.
7. You may only advertise in the designated advertising forums. One thread creation per 24 hours is allowed per advertising forum. You may not post the same sale thread within a seven day period. In other words, if no one has replied to your sale, do not create a new thread with the same item until after seven days.
8. Complete your sales! If a member posts "sold" or PM's that he/she will buy your equipment, coral, fish, etc., please attempt to complete the sale in a timely manner. This goes for both parties, please make yourself available to complete the sale as soon as possible. In addition, your word is your bond. If you agree to a deal, you shouldn't back out - even if you receive a higher offer (sellers) or if you think you offered too much (buyers). Do the right thing and the right thing will eventually return to you.
9. Trader feedback is permanent. It may only be removed by the person who left it, and by contacting admin via PM to ensure it's the member. You may also ask admin to review feedback you feel was left in error, or contains attacks, etc.
10. Please, no negative comments in sales! If you must post in a sales thread, please only post your questions pertaining to the sale at hand, negotiations, encouragement for the seller, or the like. But please don't post anything that may negatively impact the seller. When its your turn to sell something, you'll appreciate the same respect. Thank you for your cooperation.
11. Promoting other aquarium or coral related forums (or any forum that resembles the structure and/or content of AquariumForum.com) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. THIS INCLUDES ANY FORUMS THAT HAVE ANY OF THE SAME CATEGORIES WE HAVE. An occasional link to a related thread thats on topic of a current discussion is allowed.
12. "What other aquarium forums are there?" and "Which aquarium forum is best?" types of threads are not allowed and will be closed.
13. Your forum signature may not exceed 3 lines and 200 characters in length. You are allowed a maximum of two images in your signature. The maximum width of any one sig pic is 500px and maximum height is 100px, with a maximum size of 2000 bytes.
14. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.
15. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.
16. You may not have more than one account. The only instance where accounts may be shared is by members in the same household, for example, a husband and wife may share the same account. Accounts may not be sold or transferred.
17. The buying or selling of signatures is prohibited.
18. You may not use, reproduce, or distribute any forum discussions or other posted content anywhere other than on AquariumForum.com. The exception is that you may share photos hosted on AquariumForum.com on other websites, each photo will give you the code to share the photo elsewhere.
19. AquariumForum.com cannot get involved in user issues with item sales. Please resolve sales disputes off the board. Remember that Aquarium Forum cannot get involved in user issues with equipment sales, coral sales, or fish sales, etc.
20. Username changes are handled in a certain way to protect the integrity of our membership base. We typically do not encourage or endorse username changes. If for some reason you need to change your username, send a message to administration explaining the situation.
21. Reporting posts. The proper way to report a post that you feel is in breach of the sitewide rules and/or the specific forum's sticky rules is to click this image that corresponds with the post: . Your report is confidential and is only seen by the moderation and administration team. This process is designed to ensure your privacy. The member who you report will not know of your report nor the identity of the person(s) who reported it. Reporting a post creates a special thread in a special area of the forum only seen by the moderators and admins, and also sends out a notice. We're a community and if you catch something before a moderator does, please help the community by placing a report, it only takes a moment to click the image. Thanks for your help!
22. Account deletion. Generally speaking, AquariumForum.com does not delete accounts. Accounts are lifetime memberships. If you wish to leave the forum, your account will remain. All existing posts and feedback will remain associated with the account. You may update your user title and signature to identify that you have left the forums, have clocked out, or that you are taking a hiatus from the hobby, etc. In the case where members are banned, the account will remain with the posts and feedback as well.
23. Animal cruelty. Any post or thread that endorses animal cruelty will not be tolerated. You risk your account being terminated for endorsing animal cruelty. While we realize that improper advice is one thing, animal cruelty is another. Aside from medical reasons that warrant euthanasia, you may not post about nor teach people how to intentionally kill or otherwise be cruel to animals. In addition, science experiments endorsing questionable activities of animal cruelty are not allowed. This is your warning.
24. Plagiarism. We ask that our members only publish their own original work, or give credit to any other original author where any credit would be due. Plagiarism is not copyright infringement. Please do the courteous thing when quoting another author or presenting information as if it were your own.
25. LED Lights. The selling of LED lights is not allowed from any member who is not a Sponsor. Each case is evaluated individually. First time offenses do risk the member account being banned. If you see LED light spam, please click this image that corresponds with the post: in order to report it to us.
Rules subject to change without notice.
Please enjoy the discussions and do your best to lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. This is your playing field, there's a lot of learning and fun to be had here at Aquarium Forum, so make the most of it!