Aquarium Forum banner

looking forward to more Bristlenose

2K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  FancyFish 
#1 ·
I have quite a few already but I need them for all my tanks. They're such wonderful little hard workers. A friend will be sending me around 40 of different size, mostly babies. In exchange I'll be sending him a male and female breeding age Blue Marble Angles and about 20 young Pearl Gouramis.

#7 ·
I would never want that. I don't want more. What I have is just right although I'd replace the 75 with another 120 if one were to fall in my lap. I have a couple of 10's that I can set on the fish room floor if I need to pull a spawn and a couple of extra 30's. I set one up in the kitchen when I have new fish I need to QT. (I like to QT in a separate room with separate equipment.) The remaining 30 was given to me by one of my dog grooming customers last week. I have no room for it but if I needed it I could set it on the fish room floor, I guess.

#9 ·
I have a 125 in my shop with a bunch of mature Angels, 2 ancient common plecos, and lord knows how many mystery snails. My shop is in a very small town. The post office, the bank, the supermarket, the pharmacy, the auto mechanic...everything is down the street or around the corner or at least within walking distance. In small towns like this even business relationships are somewhat personal as well. All my regulars know that I breed fish. My 75 was given to me by a customer.

I don't make half the money I made when I had my shop in the city, but the overall ambiance makes up for it.

#11 · (Edited)
No. They do it because the tanks are sitting around in there garage unused and they want to be nice.

This town is wonderful. Sometimes after work I'll stop by at my mechanic's shop and drink a beer with him. He calls my vehicles by their name, Charlotte and The Beast. The ladies at the post office all know me and know that I ship and receive fish. They let me come before they officially open to pick up shipments so I can get them home and tanked before I leave for work. The folks at my bank across the street all know me and have me groom their dogs. One of them gave me one of her dogs. I take her dog to visit her when I make a deposit. The dang dog knows that I'm going to the bank when she hears me stamping my checks! I always run into customers at the supermarket. We have a nice chat and then continue our shopping. Working in Ellisville is like being in "Cheers". (you are too young to have seen Cheers on TV) When I get too old to keep my acreage up and my horses get ancient and have to be put to sleep, and when I outlive all my dogs, none of which are spring chickens, I may sell my place and move there.

One of my customers sold me Charlotte. I am one of his customers now. He's a carpenter who takes as much pride in his work as I take in mine. He fixed my fish room and as soon as I can save $200. more dollars he will build me a carport for Charlotte and The Beast and my generator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.