Aquarium Forum banner

Betta photo contest

56K views 178 replies 70 participants last post by  Guppy nerd 
#1 ·
okay title says it all. Post a reply with a photo of your betta. Then tell use stuff about him or her. :betta: Can't wait to see all the great bettas*pc*pc

#29 ·
My current Betta named Paula, she's quite the spazz, LOL

Can't seem to find pics of my other bettas I've had but I will put them up as soon as I can.

#32 ·
Thank you guys, I appreciate the kind words. Alhen I love that silverish looking color, I would vote for yours in a second. At the same time I do believe it or not love the wild bettas susan, something about the fact that they are not overbred for show or money. Wish I could find some!!!!!!

Slim, Just got a few weeks ago. He was a rescue. This is after a spawn.... No Babies though.

Reactions: theguppyman
#33 ·
Thank you guys, I appreciate the kind words. Alhen I love that silverish looking color, I would vote for yours in a second. At the same time I do believe it or not love the wild bettas susan, something about the fact that they are not overbred for show or money. Wish I could find some!!!!!!

Slim, Just got a few weeks ago. He was a rescue. This is after a spawn.... No Babies though.

#36 ·
Sorry what is ihl??? I actually dont try to push it, I keep a male and female together and just monitor for aggression, if it happens I seperate them at that point. I am planning another attempt very soon, just have not found the right pair yet.

#43 ·
MAJERAH, THOSE ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!! Where did you find them??!!

#44 ·
The Albimarginatas,i have a wonderful friend who sent them to me.They are very shy but so nice to watch.They will watch you too!The female is very inquisitive,but for the life of me i cannot get her to eat pellets.

The Macrostomas,i had gotten then from a breeder.They get quite pricey,but i was lucky with these,as i was a guinea pig of sorts.What is even better,is bot species were raised in conditioned tap water,therefore i dont need to use RO water.The Albis are a mated pair,and i *think* i see the macs pairing off.At least one of the ladies shows interest in the male anyhow.

#46 ·
Some of the fishies I had in CA (just moved across the states to MD). They have since been rehomed since i couldn't risk taking all of them across the country with me without risking their health. It still makes me sad, but they went to wonderful homes! Anyway, here are some of my fishes!

A baby from my first and only spawn. I had about 50 babies from an orange dalmation halfmoon plakat pair. I loved the spawning process, but I just decided i don't have the heart to be a breeder. I can't cull babies. I just can't do it!

Emo Edward! I love this guy! He is seriously spunky and cute. He gets called emo because he has black lips and eyes like he's wearing make up. I adored him!

This is Lou. He was about 3 years old in this picture and still going strong! He passed away at age about 4. He lived a good long life. He was a rescue from the pet store. The manager gave him to me free because he thought the little guy was doomed to die. HA!